Taco Soup / Chili
Posted by debi on March 20, 2011 at 10:53 am in Recipes, Soups | 0 commentsI’ve had this recipe in my file for two years! I seriously need to go through that thing and start trying some of those old ones I’ve had saved. This one turned out really well, but honestly I’d call this chili, not soup. Either way it was perfect for a rainy day. Plus it was one of the fastest soups I’ve ever made.
- 1 pound extra lean ground beef or turkey (I used turkey)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) mild chili beans, undrained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) whole tomatoes, undrained
- 1 bag (10 ounces) frozen corn
- 1 can (7 ounces) tomato paste
- 2 ounces taco seasoning mix (or make your own)
- 1-1/2 cups water
- Brown meat with onions in large saucepan; drain.
- Add all remaining ingredients except cheese; stir, breaking up tomatoes. Bring to a boil. Simmer on medium-low heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- You can optionally serve with shredded cheese, sour cream and/or fresh chopped cilantro.