Spiced Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal
Posted by debi on March 24, 2012 at 8:09 pm in Recipes, Breakfast | 0 commentsI am always looking for new recipes that include steel cut oatmeal and this is a good one. It makes a nice hearty breakfast, perfect for a cold winter morning. I have another variation I’ll be sharing soon that has apples instead of pumpkin.
- 2-1/2 cups regular rolled oats
- 1/2 cup steel cut oats
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup cooking oil
- 1 cup pecans, lightly toasted (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400. Lightly grease a baking dish and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves and sugar. In another bowl, combine milk, pumpkin puree and oil. Combine the two mixtures.
- Place mixture into a baking dish and bake 20 minutes. Remove from oven and gently stir the mixture, folding in 3/4 cup of the nuts if desired. Stir again. Bake another 20 minutes or until top is lightly browned.
- Serve warm, top with remaining pecans. You can additionally add yogurt, cream, granola, fruit or whatever you like!