Mini Cornbread Puddings
Posted by debi on November 16, 2010 at 10:10 am in Recipes, Bread & Rolls | 0 commentsBasically these are mini muffins, but they are so moist they are called puddings.
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 cups sour cream
- 10 ounces frozen corn, thawed and patted dry
- Preheat oven to 425, with rack in upper third. Butter 24 mini muffin cups; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda.
- Make a well in the center of the flour mixture. In well, whisk together egg, sour cream and corn. Mix with flour mixture until just incorporated (do not overmix).
- Dividing evenly, spoon batter into prepared muffin pan. Bake until tops have browned and a toothpick inserted in center of muffin comes out clean, 10-15 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes in pan; turn out onto a cooling rack. Serve, or cool complete and store at room temperature in an airtight container, up to 2 days.
Makes 24 mini muffins.