Home-made Hamburger Buns
Posted by debi on April 19, 2010 at 1:55 pm in Recipes, Bread & Rolls | Comments Off
- 1/2 cup water (70-80 degrees F)
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons nonfat dry milk powder
- 4-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon ranch salad dressing mix (optional)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons yeast
- Egg Wash
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- Poppyseeds or seasame seeds (optional)
- Mix first 10 ingredients until kneaded well. Set in warm place, covered with damp towel, to rise until doubled (about 45 minutes). Punch down, rise again until doubled.
- Punch down, cut into 6 pieces and shape into round balls. Place on parchment-covered baking sheets, cover with damp towel and rise until doubled.
- Whisk together egg and water. Brush over buns; sprinkle with seeds if desired. Bake at 400 degrees F for 8-12 minutes, or until lightly browned.