Chocolate-Peanut Butter Cheesecake
Posted by debi on January 31, 2009 at 10:01 pm in Recipes, Cakes & Cupcakes | Comments Off
- 1-1/4 cups Nila wafer crumbs
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 3 8-oz packages cream cheese, softened
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/4 cup chocolate syrup
- 1 cup fudge topping
- 4 regular-size Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups
- Preheat oven to 350. In medium bowl combine cookie crumbs with melted butter. Press in bottom of 8-inch springform pan. Bake 6 minutes. Cool.
- When crust is cool, spread peanut butter in circle in center of crust, leaving about 1-inch margin on all sides. (Microwave peanut butter 30 seconds to soften to make spread easier.)
- In large bowl, beat cream cheese, eggs, sour cream, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Remove 1 cup and pour in smaller bowl. Stir chocolate syrup into smaller bowl.
- Pour large bowl filling into pan. Pour chocolate filling on top and spread over. Use knife tip to swirl. Bake 70-80 minutes.
- When completely cool, soften fudge topping in microwave a few seconds, and spread evenly over cake to cover entire surface. Chop up peanut butter cups and sprinkle pieces on top.