Cheesy Chicken & Salsa Skillet
So.. I had my niece and nephew sleep over last night and for dinner I decided to try a new recipe. I don’t know how much they liked it (Esther said the chicken tasted “funny”) but I thought it was pretty good.
- 2 cups whole wheat penne pasta
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1-1/4 cups salsa
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 large green pepper, cut into short thin strips
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- Cook pasta as directed on package.
- Meanwhile, heat large nonstick skillet sprayed with cooking spray (or use a little olive oil) on medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook 2 minutes, stirring occassionally. Stir in salsa, corn and green pepper. Bring to a boil, then simmer on medium-low heat for 10 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through, stirring occasionally.
- Drain pasta and add to chicken mixture; mix lightly. Sprinkle with cheese. Remove from heat; cover. Let stand 1 minute, or until cheese is melted.
Also, since the kids were over I didn’t take a picture, but I found this one online with the recipe.