Posted by debi on March 12, 2012 at 11:14 am in Recipes, Entrées | 0 commentsI love pizza and I love burgers and this is the perfect combination of the two. My niece said, “It sounds like 2 amazing inventions married each other to make an even better invention!” I will have to make it for her next time she visits!
- 1/2 bread dough recipe
- 3 tablespoons mustard
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 3/4 pound ground beef, browned
- 1/2 cup chopped dill pickles, plus more for top
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 3 cups shredded cheese
- Prepare bread dough according to recipe, letting rise 2 times, then shape into circle for pizza.
- Once dough is ready, spread mustard and ketchup on as sauce. You can adjust amounts according to preference. Leave about 1-inch around the edge for crust without sauce.
- Sprinkle on chopped onions and pickles, then add hamburger. Top with cheese and add a few slices of pickles to the top. Spread olive oil or butter on the crust, to help it brown nicely.
- Bake in 425 oven for 15 minutes.
Note: I usually use a blend of mozzarella and cheddar cheese for pizza. You can use whatever cheeses you like.
You can also add some chopped bacon along with the ground beef, if desired.