Buffalo Chicken “Fries”
Posted by debi on December 29, 2011 at 10:26 am in Recipes, Entrées | 0 commentsGoes great with Mac n’ Cheese Soup.
- 1/3 cup hot sauce
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 pound bonless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced length-wise into 1/2-inch-wide strips, seasoned with salt and black pepper
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil, divided
- Whisk together hot sauce, butter and honey in a large bowl.
- Toss chicken strips with flour in a large resealable plastic bag until coated; shake off excess flour.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large saute pan over medium-high; add half the chicken strips, saute until browned, about 2 minutes per side, then transfer to hot sauce mixture and toss to coat. Repeat with remaining oil and chicken strips.
Makes 4 servings.