Brussel Sprout Salad
Posted by debi on April 5, 2010 at 5:26 pm in Recipes, Vegetables, Side Dishes & Salads | 1 comment
- 2 cups fresh brussel sprouts (chopped)
- 1/4 cup fresh, sliced almonds
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 1/4 cup apple cider
- 1/2 cup crumbled gorgonzola cheese
- 1/4 apple, cut into bite-sized slices (optional)
- Clean sprouts and remove outer leaves, then chop.
- In skillet, fry chopped bacon on medium for 5 minutes, or until brown and crispy. Toss in almonds and cook for 1 minute until toasted. Remove bacon and almonds with slotted spoon and transfer to paper towel to drain.
- Drain bacon fat from pan, leaving about 1 tablespoon to cook sprouts in. Add chopped brussel sprouts to pan and stir to coat with bacon fat. Add apple cider and cook on high until boiling.
- Cover and reduce heat to low and let simmer for 10-12 minutes, or until sprouts are tender. Remove and place in serving bowl.
- Add bacon, almonds and gorgonzola crumbles to bowl. Add apples, if desired. Toss, serve and enjoy!